Sunday, July 30, 2006

A change is in the air...

Brent Says: I would never believe that I would be typing, "I am so happy to report that it was cool and drizzly all weekend," but yet it was and I AM! We were so fortunate to get relief from the heat, though in a most unexpected fashion ~ Damp, humid, drizzly, and mild. It felt like Oregon again, complete with the misty rain that never seems to fall but just hangs in the air. This used to drive me NUTS when I wore glasses!

On Saturday, Kat and I went our separate ways, with both of us working pretty diligently on wedding stuff. For me, the free ride is over as far as wedding plans go. I've got lists and charts and to-do's galore for the stuff I'm in charge of, which is only a fraction of what she has been managing with an incredible degree of grace and aplomb. So Saturday night, I went over to a manager from work's house in nearby Poway to play Poker. Check out what I saw on the way when I stopped to buy a coke at a little country gas station:

2006-07-29 Poway Ferarri

Sorry for the blurry photo - I didn't want to be too obvious and tried to get a drive-by as I left, but that is a Ferarri Testarosa... It was the picture of irony just before I took this, with the Ferarri right next to an old beater pickup - That's Poway...

Anyways, the game was fun. They were all beginners, and I play every couple of weeks, so it was a little bit of a slaughter at first before I realized that this was one of those, "Everybody plays" kinda games where you are not supposed to be super-aggressive. I backed off to make sure that I still had friends and / or a functioning key card at the office on Monday.

On Sunday, Kat and I went to Church, then up to the mall for some future-household shopping, and had lunch at this great little Mexican place called Hacienda de Vega in Escondido.
2006-07-30 H de Vega
Kat, ever photogenic, in front of the restaurant

In the afternoon, we caught up with Bryan and April, friends of mine from my old church, who were having some folks over for a casual game night. We couldn't stay long, but Kat did have enough time to make a new friend:
2006-07-30 Mullins (2)
Kat with Kassie

We closed the day with church again in the evening (Yes, we go twice on Sundays... I tell people that when you are as bad during the week as I am, you really NEED at least two services!)

All in all, a great Lord's day and great weekend. 4-weeks, 1-month to go until our day! Can't hardly wait!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Nice second-paragraph composition, Brent: you and Kat were "working pretty diligently on wedding stuff . . . . So Saturday night, I went . . . to play Poker." Ah, poker. The best way to prepare for a wedding :)

Kidding, seriously.

When we were in Kansas City two weeks ago, we walked past a restaurant with three amazing cars parked adeptly by the valets right in front: a Ferarri, a Lamborghini, and a Viper, as I recall. Micah would remember better, of course. These are the kinds of things men remember and women never notice.

Megan and Nate said...

Yummmm . . . Mexican food. Miss it soooo much!

Great job in keeping up w/ your blog, Brent. I'm still having troubles w/ pics, so it's been hard posting on mine since I have little time to tinker w/ it.
Glad you two are doing well and are keeping cool!
- Megan