Thursday, July 13, 2006

Looks official, eh?

Wednesday, July 12

We got down to the San Diego County Clerk's office bright and early at 8 am today to fight get our marriage license. They warned us to prepare for a crushing sea of humanity trying to perform all sorts of civic functions, and to arrive early... There were like 20 people working in this nice office and then just us. Maybe some of these folks ought to transfer over to the DMV???

Anyways, the long-haired clerk named Jeremy got us all processed easy as you please, and gave us some interesting reading materials about the risk of genetic problems due to intermarriage. That may be normal policy... though I wouldn't have ruled it out that he was trying to tell us something: On multiple occasions we have been mistaken for siblings; I mean once would be an anomaly ~ We're talking a pattern here! I really don't know what that means, like whether we need to be more "couply" or if that would make it worse: "Oh gross, that guy's making out with his sister!"

Any ideas?

Anyways, here's the big "signing of the receipt for marriage license" - Quite a step in deed!
2006-07-12 SD Clerk (2)

2 comments:

Jen said...

You people. Is that camera permanently attached to your neck?

There's some root difference between you and the Stranges clearly evident here. We never once thought of preserving our trip to the courthouse for all digital history. You, however, take it there and to The Container Store.

Of course, that means you also have it poised and ready for sunsets and zoo creatures and Poway fountains. Strange and I are forever saying, "Did you remember the camera? Oh, right" and just having to remember such stuff :)

Anonymous said...

In defense of Kat, I think I am the one with the "Overly Snappy Camera finger" -

Someday when I am old and can't remember what I did 5 minutes ago (I expect that to be within 5 years or so) I will love seeing these "precious memories!"