Thursday, July 13, 2006

An unexpected visit from a very good friend

Tuesday, July 12

Last week, Jerry, a close family friend emailed me to let me know that he would be in San Diego for the funeral of an older relative. We were able to have him over to Kat's place for a little California cookout.

We had just enough time to zip over to the Torrey Pines State Beach to catch the tail end of the sunset.

2006-07-11 TorreyPines (2)
Brent and Jerry at Torrey Pines

I am quite proud to say that it takes less than 10 minutes to get over to the beach... I'm a lot less proud to say that this is, I believe, the first time we jetted over for a sunset there!

*sigh* - Someday I am going to live in a flat, sunbaked mid- or south- western town, and I am going to say to myself, "Now why didn't I go to the beach every single day I was in California!?!"

So hopefully this was the first of many such beautiful beachfront sunsets for us!!!

No comments: