Saturday, July 29, 2006

A week in a post

Brent says:

OK - So life is getting kind hectic these days ~ I keep finding myself sitting down to my computer at 11:30 at night and saying, "Oh well, I'll update the Blog tomorrow..." but then all of a sudden I'm like, "Dang, a week just went by. I'm such an idiot! GOSH!"
2006-07-24 PB Dance (2)

So anyways, its time for a recap! Monday was toastmasters - This is such a fun activity for me! Check out our new club page. We did a pot-luck to kick off the new term... I'm on a bit of a hiatus with them for now through the wedding. My goal next year is to win my way up through the regional speech contest, which is held in Hawaii!

Tuesday was a counseling session with Nate, our associate pastor, who is marrying us. Relatively tame topic about roles of husband and wives in marriage. Next time is finances and sex... They always save the best for last!

Wednesday was free for me. Thursday we had a dance lesson in PB. Hot, humid, muggy... I haven't seen this many sweaty people trying to dance since Purdue Grand Prix ~ We were dying afterwards!
2006-07-24 PB Dance (1)
John and Heidi with us after class

We've mastered Foxtrot... Are reasonably proficient at East Coast Swing, and have a loose hold on Cha-Cha. Salsa is in the nascent stage, but my freestyle warmup still wallows in an appalling level of un-funkiness. I keep trying though!

There's your week in review! No muss, no fuss!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you've mastered! If you need hints, lemme know!

luminainfinite said...

I think it is so cool that you are going to pre-marital counseling.