Saturday, July 22, 2006

OK... Mercy... We give up!!!

Somebody turn down the furnace, already!

2006-07 025
Thermometer at my house

Temps are leaping into the triple digits out here in paradise. Yes, you say from Wichita, Kansas, its 110 where I live!!! But you sit in your air-conditioned house while I swelter with only fans and the night air to cool me down!

Somehow I know that Al Gore arranged this nationwide heatwave as part of his "Inconvenient" promotion... Its a double whammy of motivating people to chill out in the theatre while scaring the be-jeebers about global warming! Nicely played, Al, nicely played!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I ran into a coworker today on the stairwell and thought he said, "It's a little couger out there today."

Maybe I misheard because though it is "a little cooler out there today," that statement still doesn't seem to suit Louisiana summer weather: it's presently a chilly 84 but will rise to 96 today, and the week's forecast of thunderstorms will likely settle a nice humid layer of blah all over the city.

Ah, my hometown. Inconvenient indeed :)

M&M said...

You don't have to tell me about the heat!! You should check out our video montage again because the first one was not the good one.