Saturday, July 22, 2006

A Big Ol' Recap of the Last Week

Brent Says: OK! I promise! I will not let this blog slide into the memory of that which I once did but have lost the motivation to do any longer, like violin, kiteboarding, and regular flossing! The blog WILL survive ~ You just may suffer through some extended bouts of "summarizing" as life these days tends to be rather hectic.

"Full, but good," is how I describe these days of wedding preparation and planning. Kat especially has gotten incredibly good at mastering tons of details. This is going to be one heck of a well-organized shin-dig, I tell you what!

Anyways, heres a recap of what's gone down.

Last weekend we went to the San Diego Symphony Pops at the Embarcadero. Its this outdoor pavillion on a peninsula in the Harbor. Beautiful setting for sunsets and fireworks afterwards.

2006-07SD Sympony Profile

I'd love to show you more, but they confiscated my camera on the way in. Musicians are apparently all have a mortal fear of being photographed without their expressed written consent, so no more fun shots to share!

We are finally taking advantage of living just a few miles away from Torrey Pines State Beach. On this past Saturday we had a picnic within the reserve (We learned that picnics + rangers = :-( ) and then hiked down to the ocean. It still boggles my mind that I live here!
2006-07-TorreyPines (1)
Surfers at Torrey Pines Beach

This week, we had our good friends Gord and Liz over for tennis and dinner. The dinner that Kat made was spectacular!

2006-07-18 Kat

Tennis? Pretty much a brand new sport for both Kat and I. But we did well - We're at least approach "Old Person Tennis" where they purposely TRY to hit it TO each other, rather than to get it by the other. Gord's a great teacher, and we made some progress for sure.

2006-07-18 GordLizBrent
Yum! Let's eat!

The rest of the week had its fair share of adventures. Dance class, Golf Lessons, service projects,... Sometimes I feel like one of those over-zealous parents who pushes their kids to do everything... except I'm the kid too! But God is good, life is interesting, and you really can't count on more than that!

Ciao~

3 comments:

M&M said...

I thought that I might leave one of those encouraging comments you get from people who actually keep up with your blog. "Just wanted to let you know I'm reading!"

p.s. where do you play tennis? our friends Jon and Jess love tennis but can't find any good public courts.

luminainfinite said...

I miss California...

Brent said...

Lumi... California misses you!