Saturday, July 29, 2006

Kathryn... You thought you knew her?

2006-07-24 PB Dance

And she thought I wouldn't even notice this email? It's blog-worthy for sure! My personal favorites are her willingness to bungee jump for life-saving purposes only ~ (Bungee Rescue Squad) and her answer to the "listening to right now?" question that generally refers to music and she answers something about squeeky shrink wrap...

How could you NOT love this woman? Anyways, enjoy!

Getting to know Kathryn

1. FIRST NAME? Kathryn

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My great-grandmother Kathryn Stanley.

3. LAST CRY? Maybe a week ago? Far too long. When I'm most sensitive to the world, I cry every other day or so. I know, it's odd.

4. YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I wish I dotted my i's and j's, and it looks a little scribbly like a boy's, but it's ok.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Roast beef.

6. KIDS? I'm only a proud aunt and future fairy godmother or whatever it's called. :)

7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Sure.

8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Not right now, though I wish I did--so much going on to record!

9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Everything in moderation.

10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.

11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Probably not unless someone's life were at stake.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Kashi GoLean.

13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No.

14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Not in my own strength, no. But God is definitely gracious in the strength-giving department.

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Golden Spoon's peanut butter cup.

15. SHOE SIZE? 9.

18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Feelings of inadequacy and frequent inability to be content with the present.

19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My family. Everyone from Centenary, too many to name. Also my three closest high school friends.

20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? I'd love it, if you have the time.

21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Medium denim jeans and black casual sandals.

22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Oatmeal.

23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The annoying sounds of shrink wrap and packing tape in the lab next door, which is moving.

24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Pine green. Or a half blue, half green--my favorite combo.

25. FAVORITE SMELLS? Old books, thanksgiving dinner, fresh laundry.

26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Heidi, yesterday, to say I was running 5 minutes late because I had to get gas before dance class.

27 THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Intelligence without arrogance.

28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Like? I LOVE Danika!

29. FAVORITE DRINK? coffee, and now diet coke.

30. FAVORITE SPORT? baseball, rowing.

31. EYE COLOR? green, sometimes yellowish.

32. HAT SIZE? No clue.

33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.

34. FAVORITE FOOD? Fish tacos, PB&J, New York strip steak.

35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy Endings.

36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIE THEATER? Pride and Prejudice.

37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? button down with small cheerful flowers.

38. SUMMER OR WINTER? summer, before it gets hot and humid.

39. HUGS OR KISSES? Both.

40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Mom's chocolate cake.

41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Hmm, I hope everyone!

42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Brent--this just won't make his to-do list (if he even gets to reading it.)

43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Just finished reading "A Sweetness to the Soul" by Jane Kirkpatrick and now "John Adams" by David McCullough.

44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? beautiful microscopy images of cells from "Nature Cell Biology".

45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Didn't have it on.

46. FAVORITE SOUNDS? crickets at night (I miss that), voices of friends, choral music.

47. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.

48. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Belgium.

49. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? swimming with my head above water.

50. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Plano, Texas.

51. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? My dear friend and former roommate, Danika. She is wonderful, and I miss her!