Monday, August 21, 2006

Phils, Pad's, Pools, and MORE!

Brent Says: The countdown continues! Less than two weeks until the wedding.

This past weekend, in addition to a whole lot of wedding preparations, we managed to have some fun in there!

First, on Friday, Kat's Graduate Program had their annual summer picnic on Mission Bay. It was SO nice and comfortable. I can only PRAY that the weather will stay this way through our wedding.

Anyhow, their venue was right down on Mission Bay, and very similar to the setup that I am planning to do for the Friday night Padres game that I am planning for the wedding weekend.

2006-08-18 ScrippsPicnic

Absolute best thing about it, bar none, was that it was catered by Phil's Barbecue. Phil's is a San Diego LEGEND! Even as I write this I'm having a Pavlovian response and saliva is pouring out of my mouth! Its some serious stuff!!!

2006-08-18 ScrippsPicnic (1)

After the picnic, Kat and I split up - I went to watch the Padres with a couple of buddies from work. Good game - Pads won pretty handily for a change. They were giving away bobbly heads- This is my best attempt to be a bobbly head (within the confines of a still photo... It's harder than you might think!)

2006-08-18 Padres

On Saturday, Kat and I went to a birthday pool party for a friend's one year old. Cute kids, cute gifts... Shame I didn't take a single halfway decent photo - But you know how these parties work anyways.

On Sunday and Monday Kat went with the girls for a bachelorette weekend in Catalina. I can't report too much, but I did get an early indication of some type of barnight challenge in which they had to draw Butane molecules on guy's butts. SCIENCE GIRLS NIGHT OUT! Watch out, folks, they are not messing around.

More to come on this one... If any pictures come my way - *grin*

No comments: