Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Would you like roasted shallot-whipped potatoes with that?

While the San Diegoans are slogging through the muck of one of our 5 days of rain a year, I have been enjoying myself this week up in the sunny Pacific Northwest. Clear but cold, it has been, with AMAZING views of the snow-capped peaks that are usually shrouded in fog and mist this time of year.

I facilitated a workshop today at HP ~ Something along the lines of an excercise in Survivor-like mayhem where we trap a group of 12-14 professionals of radically different background, and coax them into working together as a cross-functional team while not killing each other. I used a lot of skills I've picked up over my numerous visits to the Wild Animal Park about how to maintain stable animal dynamics on the wild African savannah.

The best part of the trip, by far, has been the FOOD! I've stored up my appetite with humble breakfasts and lunches these past three days for scrumptious dinners at the restaurant at my hotel - http://www.heathmanlodge.com/ Stuffed cedar-plank salmon, roasted venison, Draper valley chicken breast... Just the best of the Northwest... Still, a guy could really do well with some home cooked Salsa Chicken, ya know? I will be very happy to head back down to San Diego on Friday...

No comments: