Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Letter from my grandmother

My dear, sweet Grandmother Alice mailed us a letter recently. It brought Kat and I such joy, we had to pass it along to y'all:

***************************************
Dear Brent & Kathryn
I was so pleased to receive a Christmas Card from you two. I am so fortunate to be eighty nine yrs old & not be sick. Haven't had a cold nor anything like that this year.
Love you
Alice Elsner
ps The only work I do is fix my breakfast which is just oatmeal & toast & jelly
*****************************************
Grandmothers are great!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Can I get your grandmother to send my grandmother a memo about proper breakfast? Oatmeal and toast and jelly! Yum.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of something my grandmother would say - very cool.

Brent said...

Grandma Alice is a saint. That much is clear!