Saturday, June 24, 2006

Big Ol' Week in Review

Brent says: OK, I am working on more frequent postings with this blog thing... Today, you'll have to forgive me. I am going to do a run-down of the week all in one post~

Sunday: After some semi-efficient wedding planning during the day, we went over to see some church friends who were house sitting at this incredible house in Santa Luz. The had a nice pool and a beautiful home that was perfect for entertaining. Some good chicken-fighting in the pool was had, though honestly our friends the Hatcher's smoked us.
2006-06-18 Santaluz (1)1

Mon-Wed: Nothing super-big going on. I did Toastmasters in there, Kat and I worked on some wedding stuff, and we had our first softball practice for Team Speckel, which is actually going not to bad of a softball squad considering its composed mainly of PhD scientists who spend 14 hours a day in the lab.

Thurs: Back down to PB for more mad,hot ballroom. Emphasis on the hot part, its been toasty in San Diego. We're learning Foxtrot and East Coast Swing. Hatcher's, as always, are looking good!
2006-06-22 PB Dance Class (1)

On the way to dinner afterwards, Kat couldn't resist playing Asian Tourist in front of the incredible Mormon temple in UTC/La Jolla.

2006-06-22 La Jolla (2)

Fun with night-portrait setting on my new camera.

2006-06-22 La Jolla (5)

Friday: My company had their annual summer picnic at a park just north of the site. It doesn't exactly make up for slim raises, but it sure is a nice gesture for them to show some corporate generosity to provide a nice event for employees and their families.

Required overly-loud employee-affiliated cover band
2006-06-23 HPpicnic Felicitas (1)

Human Foosball - I'm thinking we have to get this for the wedding!
2006-06-23 HPpicnic Felicitas


The Night Zoo opened up for members only Friday night. I went down to check it out. The Night Zoo is when the SD Zoo stays open until 9 during the summers. It is REALLY a great thing. THe animals move around since its cooler and they feed them, and the crowds tend to thin out. Its the best time to see it.

Skyfari view at sunset
2006-06-23 SD Zoo (1)

Cute baby giraffe who was running all over the place
2006-06-23 SD Zoo (9)

WHEW! That's a big ol' week in review. I'll work on putting this into more "bite-size" pieces for next week!!! Cheers!

1 comment:

luminainfinite said...

I can't help but feel like that picture with Asian hand signals in front of the Mormon temple was just for me. I love it.

I've never seen that temple before, it looks like Disneyland!

Kat is so adorable.