Saturday, October 07, 2006

Oregon Tales

Brent says: I've been in Oregon and Washington this past week for work. I flew up on Monday and got back Friday evening. Gotta say, it was pretty fun to visit the state I briefly called home... but its definitely good to be back in San Diego with Kat~

Best thing about the trip was the time with friends. On 3 of the 4 nights I drove to see dear friends for dinner and catching up.

First night I went down to Eugene, OR to see my friend's the Strattons ~ They have 6 great kids, and when I was living in Corvallis they were right down the street - I became (and happily remain) "Uncle Brent!" It was SO MUCH fun to see everyone again. I enjoyed lots of hugs, watched impromptu family plays, tried to defend myself in "Pitch Black Wrestling," and of course, made a nice family pyramid or two.
2006-10 Strattons (11)

God was so good to me to cross my path with theirs at just the right time. They were a big part of helping me to pick up the pieces and get my life back on track. It is so GREAT to be able to keep up that contact and for them to see me now happy and married...

On the second night I drove over to Multonomah Falls, which is not too far away, but just INCREDIBLE to see - I had never stopped before. It is totally worth a hike to the top, just to look over the edge of the falls and to gaze out at the sun setting over the Gorge.



The rest of the week, alas, my camera ran out of batteries and so I have no more pics to share... *Big sigh* - I did have dinner with my friends Tim and Heather, and got to see their in-progress but fabulous self-remodeled house. On my last evening I got together with Dan and Jess and their two daughters. These were friends from college days, and it is such a trip to see you college "pledge parents" in action as REAL parents... But they rock and I think make pretty cool parents.

Little bit of work in there, as well, but that's boring- The main point is that in four days I covered 600+ miles, got to see 3 dear families, and most importantly, made it back safely to my lovely wife...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brent,

You are right-Multanomah Falls is fabulous. It's hard to take it all in. I am glad you had good visits with friends in OR and Wa and most of all, safe and sound back in San Diego with Kathryn.

luminainfinite said...

yay Multnomah Falls...that is where my brother in law proposed to my sister...how romantic!

what is pitch-black wrestling?!