Sunday, October 01, 2006

Back home again...

"...in Indiana, And it seems that I can see
The gleaming candlelight, still burning bright..."

Or so goes my home state's official song, which has been immortalized by an annual tradition at the Indianapolis 500 automobile race for actor and singer Jim Nabors , TV's "Gomer Pyle," to perform "(Back Home Again in) Indiana" with backing from the Purdue University Marching Band.

Actually, all facets of that preamble were satisfied last weekend when Kathryn and I went home for the weekend. We flew home to Indiana, and specifically, into Indianapolis. We went to Purdue's Homecoming and got to enjoy the Purdue Marching Band, of which I am a somewhat sheepish alum
2006-09-23 Purdue (2)

And we went to my high school reunion, where Kathryn got to meet all the Gomer's I grew up with!
2006-09-23 HHS (2)

OK, so this isn't really one of the Gomers. This is my best buddy from High School, Erik. He now lives in Tampa and is married to Heather, an exotic animal trainer - Those who know her can judge for themselves whether she is exotic or the animals or both.

Anyways, we also had a fun Wedding Open House last week at my parent's place. I'd share some pictures, but I never stopped shaking hands long enough to take any!

That brought us back late on Monday evening, from which time its been pretty quiet. Mainly just working together to get our house under control. It HAS been fun, though, to make our little place the way we want it. My only complaint? Even I, as secure as I am, feel a little bit funny using Kathryn's "Do it Herself" toolkit!

2006-09-30 SD (1)

Click to see more closely ~ At least she has gotten rid of the pastel-colored box. All in all, life is good - I go to Vancouver, WA for a week for work next week - Going to brave my way through the new TSA carry-on procedures! Wish me luck -

Brent

4 comments:

Jen said...

You look very manly with that "Do It Herself" hammer, Brent. No worries about wielding that--well, unless it's around the hometown Gomers. They might worry about it. But in California, your manliness ain't measured by what your hammer says.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to have you back. Look forward to timely updates.

Anonymous said...

How ah ya (get it, Hawaii)

Nice to get to relive your past lives via Band Aid and HS reunion.

Oh, to be in Hawaii right now dancing with turtles, angel fish and neons on a reef with Jurassic Park in the background ...

Oh to be memorizing poems ...

Anonymous said...

Brent and Kathryn;

Welcome home! Did not even realize you guys were bloggers. Gotta love blogs!

Mike