Sunday, September 30, 2007

What's going on...

What's going on with Brent and Kat...

Well, for starters, Brent is a student again...

I have to say, its been a pretty smooth transition back into the realm of fulltime student status. After a 2-week orientation, we had our first two days of classes last week. I am taking Quantitative Analysis, Economics, Accounting, Leadership, and Introductory Interpretive Dance. *GRIN* OK, nix that last one. But I would love to squeeze in a golf class somehow.

The biggest adjustment is the number of group activities. These business schoolers could give AA a run for their money on focusing on group activity. Speaking of AA, that's another adjustment to be back in the collegiate environment where if your peers look bleary in the morning, its not because of some dire family emergency, but rather its more likely its due to a late night at the pub. I'm glad that chapter is closed for me...

And for a change of pace, Kat has been hanging out with Nobel Laureates and writing a book chapter

2007-09-24 WatsonKat

In between very long days trying to wrap up a book chapter for a Biology textbook, Kat went to a talk from James Watson. Watson, as you geeky types will recall, was the co-founder (co-stealer if you ask me) of the structure of DNA. Kat said his talk was... well,... quite unique.

I suppose you get to a certain age and station in life, and it is easy to say whatever the heck you feel like. If what you say might be offensive to, say, women, minorities, or the memory of Francis Crick, who cares? You won the Nobel Prize, doggonit! And don't forget it!!!

I really shouldn't even talk... My Nobel chances are looking pretty slim these days. But the Pulitzer for this blog... *grin*

No comments: