Saturday, December 16, 2006

Will the real Brent Applegate please step up...

It's Saturday morning, I am still feeling a little bit queasy after staying home from work sick yesterday, and that means, "Too much free time on the internet!"-

First, an obervation. Google really is an amazing thing! While the company does not provide detailed information about its hardware, a 2006 estimate consisted of over 450,000 servers, racked up in clusters located in data centers around the world. They have LOTS of info. For a real treat, type in your own name to Google Images and see what comes up!

I am pleased to see that the first ranking for my name is a picture of me getting a trophy! Can't go wrong with that!












But after that, it gets intriguing. A couple "other me's" emerge ~ I could have been Brent Applegate, the Iowa State-going, dirt-bike riding, snowmobile racing, former farmhand current Ag Econ studying student - www.public.iastate.edu/~aplg8/homepage.html

Or even better, I could have been Brent Applegate, the manager of Brewsky's sports bar just of the campus of Lincoln, Nebraska - www.brewskys.com/catering.html

Ah, but alas, I am Brent Applegate in San Diego, California, who has a trophy from Toastmasters and a bit of a stomach bug on a drippy Saturday... But I am happy with my life... Though I think I might want to contact my other self in Iowa and see if I can trade some HP equipment for a nice dirtbike...

No comments: