Monday, December 11, 2006

3 church kids, 2 movie buffs, and a carol party by the sea

Weekend update...

On Friday night, Kat and I put our wills and hearts to the test as we took on... BABYSITTING! This was another first for us, and I don't think either of us had done any babysitting since we were 16 or so...

Fortunately, we were taking care of 3 awesome kids from our church. It gave their parents a night out, and allowed us to get a little glimpse of what family life might someday be like!

Luckily, the evening went pretty smooth. No threats or duress needed, though I did find myself in a collossal psychological battle with their two-year old, Shin, to get him to put his pajamas on...

Eventually, his big sister took pity on me and working together, we coaxed him in. It was tense, though... I mean if you can talk a 2-year old into PJs on your own, you are ready for hostage negotiation, I'd say.

Saturday - Kat went to day 1 of a 5 day conference in downtown San Diego, so I was left to fend for myself for a bit. My buddy Hank and I went to see Nativity Story, which as a Christian I would solidly recommend. Critics all panned it, but I think because it was too encouraging and wholesome for their darker tastes.

Sunday - After Kat's day at the conference, we went out to a caroling party... Now, this too is a first as an adult for us both. Her previous roomate Sara threw the shin dig. A group of 10 or so of us got together at the condo complex where Sara now lives, enjoyed a variety of nogs and cheeses, then set out to serenade their neighbors. We knocked on doors, disturbed resident's TV watchings, didn't get arrested, sang Silent Night in multiple languages, and generally had a blast. Here's what a caroling party looks like:

2006-12-10 Caroling Party (3)

And this is what a Sara looks like with a naked mole rat sculpture in the foreground...
2006-12-10 Caroling Party (8)

If you are thinking, "Christmas Card-worthy," we are on the same wavelength!!!

No comments: