Friday, February 15, 2008

Rusty - Part 2

I too am reflecting on life and death today... I am about 50% through "Hell Week" in my MBA class, with 2 cases and 2 exams over 6 days. All my focus has been inward, on myself, and it takes the death of a fellow church attendee to get me out of my own narcissism.

Self-flagellation accomplishes little, but self-examination and reflection is much more productive. I think about how long its been since I spoke to my grandmother. I consider how little I share of my faith, the very hope of my life, with my colleagues. And I ask myself, "If my life were evaluated today, would I pass the test?"

Only by the blood of Jesus would I stand.

Life is short. Relationships are sweet. God is sovereign. This is the platform I want to build my life upon...

No comments: