Monday, December 03, 2007

December Showers

So I entitle this post as such, for two good reasons.

1. It rained this weekend - hard - for like the first time in 10 years or something. OK, not exactly that long but its been a LOOOOONG time. We had to rummage around to find an umbrella, and honest to pete, I had to actually blow the dust off of it before using it (However this could be a function of my housecleaning abilities... Hmmmm?)

2. Kat attended a Baby Shower for our dearest friends, Gordon and Lis

DSCN1555

Now, thankfully, this wasn't one of those "couple's showers" that an increasing number of weak-willed husbands are getting talked into. As the ad campaign pounded into our heads, "Just say NO!"

I went with Kat just to pick Gordon up so we could go hiking, in order to allow the ladies to do... whatever the heck it is that ladies do for 3+ hours at a baby shower. Gord was delayed for a bit, and I was the only male present for a very terrifying 15 minutes. I finally elected to go out to their garage, just to feel a sense of solidarity with the paint cans, tools, and other such manly items.

When it was all said and done, Gordon and I went on a great hike, and Kat enjoyed the shower immensely. She praised "the attention to detail, beauty of the mom-to-be, and the individualized attention 'showered' on each guest." That and the cheese. Mmmmmmm...

*********************************************
One week from final exams for me... Here we go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you bonded with paint cans....that made me laugh! 3 hours?? Oh my!!

Anonymous said...

by the way, that last one was me!

luminainfinite said...

ha ha ha ha ha! I'm not sure what is done at baby showers either, and I've been at them!

Glad you had your paint and tools out in the garage to comfort you.