Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Times Two

So it's now official. The only thing better than Thanksgiving is... TWO THANKSGIVINGS! I am seriously considering observing the Canadian version next year, in the interest of determining whether three could be even better!

After our church's annual grid-iron struggle, aka The Turkey Bowl, wound up with yet another suspiciously scored tie, we went over to our good friend's, the Clementis, for Thanksgiving lunch. Turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, and all that good stuff.

We passed on the pies, knowing that we had an hour and a half drive up to LA for Thanksgiving dinner with Kat's great-aunt Ginny. Thanksgiving round two did not disappoint. Good times with family we don't get to see all that often.

2007-11-23 Thxgiving (1)
Ginny was as superb of a hostess as ever...

At some time past 9 pm, after ingesting some 5-lbs of turkey throughout the day, I drank a strong cup of coffee, said a prayer, and we hit the road. I did fine through LA, which was merciful to us for a change. Kat had to spell me halfway home, though. I was BEAT!

I just barely noticed Kat as she slid smoothly out at 5 the next morning towards the "Black Friday" sales. You'll have to consult her yourself to find out what she was able to score. I love this holiday!

No comments: