Friday, July 06, 2007

Fourth and Forrest

Day 6 of my seemingly infinite service to the court system of San Diego as a juror is just dawning this morning ~ After 5 full days of jury service, I have come to the following conclusions:

1. I am SOOOOO glad that I didn't follow that dream of being a lawyer (Always a big fan of lawyers since Mrs. Huxstable made it cool on Cosby)

2. I am so blessed to have lived a relatively peaceful life

3. See #1!!!

But we did get a day off for the 4th of July, and last night Kat and I had relatives come by for dinner, so that was pretty cool. On the 4th we went to a pool party with church friends and then watched the Del Mar fireworks at our "secret spot" that only we and 1.3 million other people know about. Great views of the fair and fireworks, but a few too many bitey ants and sugar-overloaded kids at this year's edition.

Kat's aunt and uncle Forrest and Judy, with their two youngest kids, stopped by last night for dinner. They are on vacation down here in SoCal and were kind enough to stop in for dinner with us. You start to feel like an ex-pat out here in California sometimes, so it's great when family comes to YOU!

So... Day 6 of ??? is almost upon me... Gotta drink a pot of coffee and try to get psyched for... more endless testimony!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so excited that you mentioned The Cosby Show, because I've become an official Cosby nerd. Never did want to be a lawyer, though. Just a Huxtable.

Micah brought home Season 3 on DVD today and I was too thrilled.

Anonymous said...

I ghave to admit that I was thinking at least partly of you when I "outed" my Cosby fan-dom. Cheers!

Micah said...

i suppose the differences between southern california and northern louisiana are numerous, but what surprises me most is that as a young, well-educated, middle-class male you weren't chased out of the jury pool during the selection process.