Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Girl!!!

DSCN1169

Kat passed her quals on May 23rd with FLYING COLORS! Here's what she has to say, in her own words!

I am pleased to report it went really well this morning! Honestly, it was all God these past few weeks upholding Brent and me, and keeping me on track for this day. The oral defense was very smooth (no technological difficulties, no unreasonable questions that I couldn't answer), and the Committee had lots of positive things to say. I wasn't even that nervous! It has been a whole month of learning that I am not in control, that God is trustworthy and sovereign over all my ways, that I must daily repent of fear of man.

We've learned a ton, about ourselves and each other, during this last month. We approached it with sort of a "work trip" mentality, so that Kat pretty much focused exclusively on the exam. Now we're off in Texas, enjoying the feeling of completion of a job well done!

No comments: