Sunday, February 04, 2007

Spa-rise me on my birthday

My oh so crafty wife pulled a fast one on me for my birthday. I was in Portland through Friday, and she told me to keep Saturday, Feb. 3rd, before my birthday on Sunday free. The morning of, I got up only to find that she had been bustling around for an hour or so preparing things.

We got in the car to go in the morning, and started heading... out into the middle of nowhere. I mean, like scrubbrush city. The whole drive I was just scratching my head and trying to figure out WHAT we were going to do. Finally, after about an hour of driving she pulled off the freeway and started heading out on a little backroad. Things were looking pretty "earthy" out there, I thought I heard that banjo refrain from deliverance somewhere in the distance, and I was just starting to get nervous when an oasis of green grass, palm trees, and mini-coopers opened up in front of us: Glen Ivey Day Spa.

Yes, my wife arranged for me to spend a day with her at the spa.
2007-02-03 GlenIvey (8)
Mud baths, hot tubs, massages, facials, the WORKS! It's a pretty amazing place. You can really appreciate the joy of spending an entire day in your bathrobe by the pool... Something Hugh Heffner has known for YEARS!
2007-02-03 GlenIvey (6)
I told Kat it was the perfect gift... The kind of thing that I would probably never in a million years actually ASK for as a birthday present, but an incredibly great way to celebrate with the woman I love. And my skin? You just don't KNOW how well exfoliated it is!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a grand weekend at the spa--girls' day for the birthday boy :) I love a man who can appreciate a facial, and then be bold enough to blog about it. Happy birthday!

Brent said...

Yes, it does take a secure (or stupid) man to be able to proudly proclaim a day at the spa. You be the judge as to which adjective is most applicable!

Jen said...

Definitely secure. Definitely. But it's probably good on balance that you're following last weekend's spa with this weekend's skiing. That's more secure :)