Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Catch-Up Post

A week-plus since the last blog update, and my "blogger guilt" has become overbearing!

This past week my camera has been sadly inactive, though we seem to be moving a million miles an hour. I'll do better this next week, I promise!

Anyways, here is a run-down of what is happening with us:

Doing

This past week, Kat and I have both been doing a lot in the area of Missions. Since getting catalyzed by the visit we had with a Ugandan pastor named John Mugabe, we've taken the lead to get a 2-3 week missions trip to Uganda organized for August.

This has meant lots of emails to travel agents, missions-sending agencies, and people over in Uganda. We are coming up on "Decision-Day" when we see who is in, and are praying that God would bless us with a good group of enthusiastic people.

Watching

Still haven't watched broadcast TV in months... Have a dim notion that some show about Idols gets talked about a lot. We are becoming so out of touch. After the Crash-fiasco, I cleaned up our Netflix list to PG-13 and below, and Over the Hedge was a nice antidote to the bleakness of crash... Certainly, there was some serious themes in it, like when the turtle takes the wagon of stuff... oh, ok, so its all just fun and silly, but THAT'S OK! It's entertainment!

Eating

Well! Very well, in fact! Kat's friend Katie's parents took us to a really nice restaurant in La Jolla to celebrate Katie's birthday... Kat's aunt and uncle totally amazed us with a dinner of Filet Mignon in early celebration for Kat's birthday. I feel plump and happy, to say the least!

Reading

Kat- Disciplines of a Godly Woman by Barabara Hughes

Brent Logic of Failure by Dietrich Doerner

Learning

God is faithful, even when we are faithless. I find life in Uganda so appealing because with so little, they are forced to live on faith alone. Kat and I are learning more about how to celebrate our marriage... The honeymoon shouldn't end after just one week in Hawaii...

And THAT'S all I am permitted to say about that! :-)

Better sign off here before I get into any trouble with my wife!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I followed the link to your blog from your facebook page. Thanks for giving me a way to kill a few minutes of work.

Your life/husband seems awesome. I'm glad you are doing so well and having so much fun in California.